Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Subtle Mind

Hi, I attempted to complete the subtle mind twice.  Once I did it before I went to bed, and the other time, I tried it when I was almost done with work.  I felt a little more success with this exercise than the Loving Kindness.  I focused on my breathe and was able to set a focal point when I closed my eyes.  I focused on the point. Random thoughts entered through out the exercise. Sometimes I was able to allow them to dissipate, but other times, my mind focused on the thoughts instead.  I do believe this is an exercise that takes much practice to reach a "still" mind.  Where I was able to relax and focus on breathing.  I was not able to still my mind.  I would like to practice this exercise more.  I actually do believe practice of an exercise such as this may have a positive impact on my physical well being.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the practice will help your well being, in time. I found myself having to really tell my mind to close outside thoughts and focus on the exercise. But I did relax. All things take time, these meditation exercises are no different. Best of luck with the next one! :)

    Liza

    ReplyDelete