Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Loving Kindness and Assessment

I read and practiced the loving kindness on page 93.  I feel that somedays, I actually feel this way even without specifically focusing on it.  When I wake up in the morning, after my grumpiness/sleepiness wears off, I think about the rest of the world.  I watch the news, and see many serious events, and tragedies.  I pray that others gain freedom from suffering.  I am a registered nurse, so most of my day revolves, around discussing health events with patients.  I wish them health, and happiness.  A goal I have everyday is to assist others.  I may not know exactly how I will do this, I but I want to help others. I don't want to focus completely on myself.  So, in a way, I think some of these thoughts on a daily basis.

In the assessment, I find that I need to focus on the psychospiritual.  I actually feel lacking in all areas, but beginning with psychospiritual would be first, and I feel the others would follow.  This is the same area for me that needs growth and development.  I truly would like to aim for an undoubted faith.  I want to wake up everyday with hope, belief and faith in a Higher Power. I want to believe I am not alone.  I feel if I had a strong psychspiritual connection, then my other levels, biological interpersonal and worldly would follow.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am not a "glass is half empty" person.  I try to remain positive, through out the day, and particularly with this class.  However, I want to wake up feeling positive.  Usually, when I wake up I am tired.  I want to be enthusiastic about starting my day.  Honestly, I do not feel that way as soon as I awake.  I would like to wake up as a child does when it is Christmas Day.  Is that a pipe dream?  I hope not. Perhaps this class will help me. 

2 comments:

  1. This was a great blog post I really enjoyed reading it. I feel i can use some development in the area of psychospritual wellness myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    Anything you want to achieve I believe you will. I do not at all think that it is a pipe dream. You do sound like a very uplifting person and I know being a nurse you have to be. I get the feeling that even when not in work mode you are still very uplifting. I, like you, believe that having a very strong psychospiritual connection will align all other aspects in my life. I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete