Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Unit 10 Reflection of Unit 3 Blog

Hello,

I read what I wrote in Unit 3.  For my physical goal, I wished to bring down my cholesterol level.  I will most likely get a blood test this month, so, I am not sure.  However, I can tell, I did not cut out t he cookies.  I just love them too much, particularly, shortbread cookies dipped in coffee.  It is simply delicious.  I won't beat myself up, though.  Spiritually, I did get to church a few times in the month of August.  I continue to pray, believe, have faith in a Higher Power.  However, that is work, as well.  Somedays, I am grateful, other days life just seems so hard.  Psycholgically, I have remained about the same.  I just went through a break up just within the past week.  I was dating a man for about nine months, and ended the relationship.  I was sad, but this time around, I seem to be able to keep functioning. I may get sad at the end of my day. However, this time, I am doing much reflection, and am able to rationalize that I must surrender to God's will.  Whatever he has in store for me that is what I will do.  In summary, this class helped me a great deal that way.  I believe I have more emotional intelligence.  Hopefully, I will be able to incorporate this new found faith, and assist others when they are down.  I will continue to reflect back on this class.  It  has helped "ground" me tremendously.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    It's hard to drop those "goodies" that make us feel so good! Treat yourself from time to time, I am pretty sure, as a nurse, you find many instances where that's just what you need... Anything in moderation though...
    I am glad this class has been beneficial for you. We have been given great tools to use in our quest for health and wellness. I hope you reach all your goals. With the faith you have in The Almighty, you will be fine.
    Good luck to you in all your future endeavors.
    Browny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that was very kind. good luck to you as well.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete